One of the most significant issues that directly affect the health of each patient in the lack of exercise. Do you find yourself having a hard time fitting in your training? You aren’t the only one! Finding your fit with a hectic holiday (or any other time) schedule can be hard.
An often heard excuse when it comes to fitting in physical activity is “I don’t have time.” Realistically, we would all love a free hour each day to focus on physical health + fitness, but that doesn’t mean we always have it. Thankfully, there are other ways to keep yourself moving throughout the day.
If you know you’ll be skipping the gym for a day or two this week, try adding a few of these simple things into your day to get you moving a little more:
1. Park at the far end of your work parking lot. - Think of the extra steps you can get in daily.
2. Take the stairs. - This small change helps to get your heart rate up and work your legs! Opt for the stars every day and, before you know it, the elevator won’t even cross your mind!
3. Get some exercise during your lunch break. - Even if you only get 30 minutes, a 10-minute walk before you eat lunch can help. Plus, the physical activity right after a meal can aid in digestion.
4. Use your commercial breaks. - You know you’re not invested in those commercials, to begin with, so why not use them to your advantage? While watching TV, plan to do 20 sit-ups 20 pushups and 20 squats at each commercial break. You can even switch it up with 20 jumping jacks, 20 alternating lunges, and a 20-second plank hold!
5. Wake up early to fit it in. - Waking up early can be difficult at first, but it becomes a habit over time. Finding your fit in the early hours of the morning will be worth the extra coffee when you realize how energized + focused you’ll feel all day! You won’t miss the extra 30 minutes of sleep.
6. Set your cell phone alarm. - Setting reminders can ensure you get up and move every hour. Even if it is just to hand a co-worker a document rather than emailing it, those steps add up over time! Just think of it as a bonus if you have to take the stairs.
7. Make plans with a friend. - Even if it is just to exercise a few times per week, you’re less likely to blow it off if you have to meet someone. Having someone to hold you accountable can make fitting your gym time in feel like more of a priority. Plus, the extra motivation from a partner can help you get more from your workout!
8. Pay in advance. - Personal training sessions and exercise classes aren’t cheap! While you may not think you’ll notice skipping that class, your wallet isn’t going to be happy if you aren’t going! If it is pre-paid, you either lose the money or ensure you get there. Money is always a great motivator if you need a little push.
9. Eat healthily. - If you notice you’re feeling sluggish at the end of the day, take a look at what you’re putting in your body. It’s easy to fall into the sugar trap, but it will cause much more harm than good in the long run. Swapping sweets out for healthier options will give you the energy to get in the exercise you need to meet your goals + feel great!
10. Purchase a Fitbit or tracking device. - Make a goal of how many steps you will get during the day, and see how these easy-to-use and easy-to-wear gadgets help! Many times, these devices will let you know if you’ve met your goal or if you need a little extra help to get there. There are a number of these on the market, so be sure to shop around for the one that best suits your lifestyle + needs!
What are your tips for finding your fit on a busy schedule?
Reference: Do you want a 21-day transformation program check - https://www.tlsslim.com/
We are so excited you want to get started on optimizing your health!
Please Enter the following and we will contact you to set up an appointment:
Thank you for contacting Pro-Holistic Care! We will get back to you as soon as possible with an appointment time. If you would like immediate assistance please call 773-279-9344.