From: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4824292/Caloric restriction and intermittent fasting confer numerous health benefits including:
While long-term maintenance of caloric restriction is challenging, intermittent fasting appears to provide a competitive alternative that is more realistic to implement . Intermittent fasting regimens can produce benefits with fasting periods as brief as 16 –24 hours [18;19;27]. Preclinical and clinical studies have reported multiple adaptive changes following intermittent fasting . From a cellular perspective, intermittent fasting promotes:
- Extending the lifespan
- Postponing the onset of age-related diseases
- Delaying or preventing age-related brain function deficits
- Increasing visual cortex plasticity, and improving cognitive functioning [13;25;41]
As such, intermittent fasting may not only enhance the effectiveness of pain treatment interventions at a functional and mechanistic level but may also confer some health-related benefits including promoting overall health and may contribute to a decrease in pain experience via a reduction in central and peripheral inflammation. Pro-Holistic Care approach to better insulin and less pain
- Improved cellular functioning by way of reducing inflammation and oxidative stress and increasing cellular metabolism .
- Neurobiologically, intermittent fasting increases synaptic plasticity and can stimulate the production of new neurons from neuronal stem cells .
- In the area of performance, improvements in sensory and motor functioning and learning and memory have been observed .
- Clinically, intermittent fasting can attenuate maladaptive age-related processes and diseases, including reductions in obesity, hypertension, and rheumatoid arthritis .
Don't hesitate to contact us Pro-Holistic Care Happy, Healthy, Fun! Articles are posted on this site for informational purposes. All opinions expressed in these articles are solely those of the particular author and do not necessarily represent the opinions the opinion of Pro-Holistic Care, Dr. Rae Bouvin, Dr. Edgardo Vargas, its employees, providers or affiliates. Any opinions of the author on the site are or have been rendered based on scientific facts and/or anecdotal evidence, under certain conditions, and subject to certain assumptions, and may not and should not be used or relied upon for any other purpose, including but not limited to for use in or in connection with any legal proceeding. Permission must be obtained from Pro-Holistic Care or the author before use or publishing.
- Chiropractic care for pain management
- Fitness education
- Medically supervise Weight loss
- Therapeutic Nutrition
- Lifestyle and wellness education
"Thank you for your interest! Please check your email for your free copy"
Dr. Rae and Dr. Vargas