A study just published out of the Journal of American Pediatrics in August of 2016 showed that Tylenol consumption by pregnant women increased the baby having emotional symptoms by 29%, hyperactivity by 31%, and total difficulties by 46%.
It is also know that about half of all pregnant women consume Tylenol.
The main problem is that public health advice (from MDs and hospitals) currently considers Tylenol use safe during pregnancy.
This is a problem…and one that few doctors, let alone women and future mothers know about.
What does this mean to us?
Well I think the statistics would agree that the majority of pregnant women are consuming Tylenol as a solution for their pain.
So what if these mothers knew there was a different solution that did not put their unborn baby at risk of having emotional, hyperactive, or neurodevelopmental problems.
Not only am I trained to care for pregnant women using chiropractic care but I also received chiropractic care throughout my three pregnancies and don’t think I would have survived without it! Chiropractic care during pregnancy can provide benefits for women who are pregnant. Some of this benefits are:
As your family wellness chiropractor in Lincoln Square we are here to help the whole family including pregnant women and their children live healthy life. We also work with women to avoid health problems during pregnancy and after.
Please don’t hesitate to contact my office with any questions regarding chiropractic care for pregnancy or for kids
Yours In Health,
Dr. Rae Bouvin, DC
1) Journal of the American Medical Association Pediatrics. August 15, 2016 - Evie Stergiakouli, PhD; Anita Thapar, FRC, PhD; George Davey Smith, MD, DSc
- Maintaining a healthier pregnancy
- Controlling symptoms of nausea
- Reducing the time of labor and delivery
- Relieving back, neck or joint pain
- Reducing the risk of a potential cesarean delivery
- Reducing the risk of breech positioning of the baby
2) Dr. Dan Sullivan, DC - the chiropractic advocate