Weight loss tip # 3 - Exercise for health and support weight loss
Daily physical activity has a number of benefits. It can help to reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer. It helps to keep joints patent and healthy. It helps to keep blood sugar stable. It’s credited with helping to boost your mental health and your mood.You may think daily exercise will also help with weight loss BUT a new study suggests otherwise.According to researchers at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, physical activity helps with overall health and it also helps you to maintain a certain level of fitness, however, there is limited evidence to suggest that it can “blunt the surge in obesity.”Researchers Drs. Cook and Luke have been studying the impact of fitness on obesity for years.
Their expectation was to find that physical activity is a key tool in achieving meaningful weight loss. The preponderance of evidence suggests that the assumption may have some problems. If you are more active during the day, and especially if you engage with vigorous exercise, you will be hungrier. So the researchers point to the fact that calories consumed daily is key to losing or maintaining weight. And whether you move more or less, you have to monitor your total daily calories.
What exercise I recommend (and do and love):
HIIT (Hight Intensity Interval Training) Strong heart, strong lung make you live longer and 10x more weight loss
High-intensity interval training (HIIT) describes any workout that alternates between intense bursts of activity and fixed periods of less-intense activity or even complete rest. For example, a good starter workout is running as fast as you can for 1 minute and then walking for 2 minutes. Repeat that 3-minute interval five times for a 15-minute, fat-blasting workout. It sounds too simple to be effective, but science doesn't stretch the truth. Read on for eight proven benefits of HIIT.I personally love and enjoy the TABATA style HIIT training, the basics are 8 repetitions, 20 second exercise as fast as you can, 10 seconds recovery and then repeat 8 times8 benefits of HIIT
- Efficient - take between 4 to 30 minutes to get done
- Burn more fat - the fat burning benefits last longer that a long run in less time
- Build healthier heart - this type of exercise take the lung and the heart to the limits, very important for longevity
- No equipment - you only need your body
- You lose weight, no muscle - that's the goal
- Increase your metabolism - One of the reason you lose weight/fat
- Can be done anywhere
- It's challenging (and awesome)
Weight Lifting exercise (a dose of metabolism boosting exercise) There is actually a long list of why you should include strength training in your program.
- Not only does strength training increase your physical work capacity, it also improves your ability to perform activities of daily living (ADL's). You will be able to work harder and longer with the proper weight training activities.
- It improves bone density. One of the best ways you can control bone loss as you age is to add strength training into your workout plan.
- It promotes fat-free body mass with decreasing sarcopenia. The lean muscle mass that we all work so hard for decreases with age. If we don't add strength training to our routine then it will turn into fat.
- It Increases the strength of connective tissue, muscles, and tendons. This leads to improved motor performance and decreased injury risk.
- It improves your quality of life as you gaining body confidence. Strength training will not only make you strong, but will also help with managing your weight.
…..and it its so efficient to improve your metabolism, that you burn fat and build muscle. For that reason exercise for weight loss,in our philosophy should be use for two reason:
- To help support a caloric restrictive diet and boost your metabolism to burn fat
- To created an physical environment that will support and abundant health now and in the future.
For your health, Dr. Edgardo Vargas and Pro-Holistic Care
........and if want to lose the first 20 to 35 lbs in only 6 weeks, in a very healthy an efficient way contact us about the ChiroThin Weight Loss Program